These hand-held Pizza Stuffed Mini Peppers embrace the deliciousness of pizza with a healthy twist! They include way more nutrients than a bagel bite or pizza roll and they make a perfect appetizer for parties and a great healthy snack for kids… and adults!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 servings of 4 halves each
• 8 mini sweet peppers
• ¼ cup pizza sauce or marinara
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 cup mini pepperonis
- Preheat broiler on high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Leaving the stems intact, cut the peppers in half lengthwise; remove the membranes and seeds.
- Place the pepper halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet, and spray cooking spray over the tops.
- Turn the peppers cut side up. Fill each pepper half with about 1/2 tablespoon of pizza sauce, about ½ tablespoon mozzarella and a 2 to 3 mini pepperonis. Spray cooking spray over the top.
- Place 6 inches under the flame (not directly under), and broil until cheese is browned, about 5 minutes.