Having friends over for brunch this weekend, or just want to make your breakfast even more delicious? Breakfast Stuffed Peppers are a great way to enjoy organic bell peppers and your favorite breakfast ingredients.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
– ½ large onion, chopped
– ½ pound chorizo sausage
– ½ cup chopped mushrooms
– 1 ½ cups shredded hashbrowns
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 3 Divine Flavor organic red peppers
– 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop the onion and add it to a sauté pan with a little olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and crumble until the meat is cooked completely through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add a little bit more olive oil to the pan, turn up the heat and add the hash browns. Cook until browned and add to the bowl with the chorizo and onion.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Cut the red peppers lengthwise and clean out the seeds. Arrange in a nonstick or lightly greased baking dish.
- Fill each pepper with the cheese, chorizo, and hash brown mixture. Top with extra cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When the peppers are almost done, fry the eggs.
- Place one egg on top of each pepper and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!