This eggplant and pepper stew using Divine Flavor peppers comes together super fast and only has 5 ingredients!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Medium eggplant
- 2 Divine Flavor organic bell peppers
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your broiler.
- Wash eggplant and slice into rounds that are about ¼ inch thick. Lay slices over paper towels and sprinkle some salt over them. Let them sit for 15 minutes to draw out moisture from the eggplant, then wipe it down.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick oil spray. Cover with a single layer of sliced eggplant. You may need to broil the eggplant in two batches. Broil each side for 4-5 minutes, or until you start seeing a bit of browning. When the eggplant is done, pile up the eggplant, wrap in foil, and set aside.
- After a few minutes, open the foil packets and let them air out a big to peel off the eggplant skin. They should come off easily. Be careful though – the eggplant could still be quite hot!
- Heat a large sauté pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over low to medium-low heat. Add garlic and red pepper and cook until red pepper is softened, around 5 minutes. Raise the heat to medium and add eggplant flesh, tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper, along with 1-2 tablespoons water. Cook for another 2 minutes and turn off the heat. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Blend ingredients with an immersion blender or a food processor.
- Add chickpeas, cooked grains, pickled onions, and greens to serve.