This cherry tomato salad with roasted lemons is the perfect side dish. Sweet tomatoes combine with a tangy vinaigrette and delicious roasted lemons.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
– 2 lemons halved crosswise, seeds removed, and cut into paper-thin slices
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– ½ teaspoon sugar
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 2 2/3 cups Divine Flavor cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
– 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
– ½ cup mint leaves
– ½ cup small red onion, halved crosswise and thinly sliced into half rings
– salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add lemon slices and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain well. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, sugar, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Add lemon slices and mix well to combine.
- Spread the lemon slices out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine the tomatoes, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, vinegar parsley, mint and onions in a bowl. Add the lemon slices and stir gently to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired with additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately.