Egg Sausage Breakfast Crescent Rolls with Tribelli Mini Peppers
By Kim Lee, Food Blogger at www.kimscravings.com
Make a quick, hearty, grab-and-go breakfast with delicious Egg Sausage Breakfast Crescent Rolls. Filled with egg, sausage, cheese, and peppers – these are a family favorite, for sure!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
– 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
– 3 (about 2 3/4 ounces) sausage links, cubed*
– 1-2 large Tribelli Mini Peppers, any color, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
– 4 eggs, scrambled
– 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese**
– 1 egg, beaten, if desired
– 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cube sausage links into small slices (I do this using kitchen shears). Chop the red pepper into small pieces. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, lightly salt and pepper, mix again.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium to high heat. Add the sausage and pepper, sauté, breaking up sausage with a spatula and cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Pour eggs into the pan with the sausage and pepper. Scramble eggs until fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Add the cheese to the eggs and mix.
- Roll out crescents and add a generous portion of filling. Close edges of the crescent, roll up, pinch edges closed.
- Place crescent rolls on a baking sheet. Brush tops and sides with beaten egg and sprinkle cracked black pepper on top.
- Bake and 15-18 minutes, until golden.