Brightly colored tomatoes, flavorful pesto, creamy ricotta and salty prosciutto layered on a buttery puff pastry makes this Easy Tomato Tart Recipe an impressive appetizer and perfect for holiday noshing!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 50 min
– 1 sheet puff pastry, defrost according to package instructions
– 1/2 cup light ricotta cheese
– zest of 1 lemon
– 2-3 ounces prosciutto
– 1 small jar basil pesto (homemade works too)
– 1 (10 oz) container Divine Flavor Organic Grape Tomatoes, halved and quartered (you probably will not use all of the tomatoes in the container)
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 tablespoon mixed seeds poppy seeds, onion seeds, fennel seeds (or a few dashes of Everything But the Bagel Seasoning)
– Fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F. and lay out the defrosted puff pastry on a piece of baking paper or a lined baking tray.
- Combine ricotta cheese with lemon zest in a small bowl. Then, spread mixture over the top of the puff pastry.
- Next, layer pieces of prosciutto over the top of the ricotta.
- Add spoonfuls of pesto over the prosciutto and spread slightly with spoon.
- Top pesto with tomatoes. Evenly arrange over the top, leaving a 1-2 inch border.
- Fold down all sides of the pastry slightly over the tomatoes creating a tart. Brush the folded sides with the beaten egg and scatter the folded sides with the mixed seeds.
- Place a few sprigs of thyme or just the thyme leaves over the top of the tart and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, cut into slices or squares to serve. Enjoy as an appetizer or with a salad as a main course.