This recipe uses Tribelli peppers two ways: stuffed with pureed Tribelli pepper hummus, and then roasted.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total time: 40 min
– ½ pound Tribelli mini peppers (for hummus)
– 1 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
– ½ cup cold water
– ¼ cup raw tahini
– 1 large garlic clove
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1.5 pounds Tribelli mini peppers, halved lengthwise with seeds removed (for stuffing)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place ½ pound of peppers on the baking sheet. Leave the peppers whole for roasting.
- Bake on middle rack for 20-25 minutes until the skin is lightly charred and soft.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow peppers to cool.
- Once cooled, pop out the stem and seeds. Place the roasted peppers in a food processor.
- Add garbanzo beans, cold water, tahini, garlic, salt, and pepper to the food process and process for one minute.
- Halve the peppers lengthwise, remove seeds, and gently fill with hummus using a small spoon. Sprinkle each mini pepper bite with a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, fresh parsley, and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.