This summery dish is perfect to pair with grilled fish, chicken, or pork. While yellow squash is usually cooked, its delicate flavor and crisp tender texture is perfect for summer salads.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: n/a
Total Time: 10 min
– 1 Divine Flavor yellow squash
– ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
– ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
– 1 large handful watercress, or other salad greens
– 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
– Dressing: red wine vinegar, olive oil, Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave yellow squash into long, thin ribbons. Stop peeling yellow squash once you reach the seeds.
- Toss yellow squash ribbon with a splash of good quality olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season to taste with Kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
- Top yellow squash salad with feta cheese, olives, watercress, and pine nuts. Serve immediately.