Almond Puff Pastry Bites with Divine Flavor Jellyberry Grapes
By Kim Lee, Food Blogger at www.kimscravings.com
Sweet, tasty and perfectly bite-sized for entertaining, these grape almond puff pastry bites start with flaky puff pastry crust that’s kissed with a sweet almond grape filling. This one is a big hit at dinner parties… or for any old regular Saturday night!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
– 1 package puff pastry, defrosted (2 puff pastry sheets)
– 1 cup whole raw almonds
– 1/2 cup sugar, divided
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
– 1 cup Divine Flavor Jellyberry grapes, halved
– Powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (or degree indicated on puff pastry package) and lightly spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Lay puff pastry out across a cutting board. Cut pastry dough into three equal sections. Then cut each section into four even slices. You should have 12 pieces per puff pastry sheet.
- Gently form each pastry by pressing your fingers into the muffin tin and creating a small cavity for the almond filling. Set aside.
- Pulse whole almonds with 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Add flour and salt, and pulse to combine.
- Beat together butter and remaining 1/4 cup sugar with an electric mixer until completely combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in extracts. With mixer at low speed, mix in almond/flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon filling into each puff pastry and top with about four halves of grapes, lightly pressing them in. (You will have extra filling remaining.)