The Best Fire Roasted Salsa
The Best Fire Roasted Salsa is super quick and easy to make (under 20 minutes!), it’s chock full of fresh grape tomatoes and veggies that have been roasted to perfection, and it’s always a hit at every party.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 2 (10 oz) containers Divine Flavor Organic Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 large white onion peeled halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, and halved (discard the seeds to reduce the heat if you’d like)
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt + more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Arrange the grape tomatoes (skin side up), garlic cloves (unpeeled), onion and jalapeño (skin side up) in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Broil for 6-8 minutes, or until the tomatoes and jalapeños have blistered and blackened pretty thoroughly on top.
- Remove pan from the oven, and peel and discard the skin from the garlic cloves. Transfer the tomatoes, garlic, onion and jalapeño to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add in the remaining ingredients and purée the salsa until it’s smooth.
- Taste, and season with extra salt or lime juice, if needed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.