Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Pepper Poppers
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
- 12 mini Divine Flavor Sweet Peppers (mixed colors)
- ½ cup crumbled feta or non-dairy cheese like Kite Hill Ricotta
- Pinch dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp+ extra virgin olive oil
- 12 slices of bacon (avoid thick-cut or it’ll take much longer)
Key Tools: 12 toothpicks, baking rack, resealable plastic bag or piping bag
- Preheat the oven to 400f degrees and prep a baking rack with tin foil or parchment paper to catch the cheese and bacon fat. Add a baking rack on top and set aside.
- With kitchen shears or a knife, cut a slit lengthwise in your peppers, you can optionally scoop some seeds out with your fingers but they’re not spicy and can stay if it’s too much trouble. Set prepped peppers aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix crumbled feta or non-dairy cheese, oregano, and slowly olive oil by mashing with a fork until paste forms. You can add less or more olive oil as needed.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into a resealable plastic bag and snip the corner with scissors.
- Gently squeeze each pepper to open and pipe in the cheese mixture evenly.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each pepper and stick a toothpick, width-wise, catching each side of bacon so it stays put as it cooks and crisps up.
- Add each pepper to your baking rack and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to your liking. You can always broil it carefully as you watch for extra crispy bacon.