Sweet Mini Pepper Tacos
Serves: 6-8 (Vegan/Gluten Free)
by Super Natural Chef for Divine Flavor
@ Organic Produce Summit, Monterey 2023
- Chef’s Knife and Cutting Board
- Large and Small Bowls
- Spoons and Butter Knife
- Baking Sheet and Foil to Cover
- Tongs and Hot Mitt and Oven
- Individual Plates/Serving Platter and Napkins
Ingredients for Blistered Peppers:
- 12 Sweet Mini Bell Peppers
- 3 or more Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
Directions for Blistered Peppers:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry the peppers and lightly trim the stem ends.
- Put the peppers in a bowl with oil and seasonings and toss well to coat.
- Place oiled peppers on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, turning peppers half-way thru cooking.
Ingredients for Tacos:
- 3 Cups Magnifico Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1 Small Clove of Garlic, minced
- 2 Radishes, sliced into thin moons
- 1/2 tsp. minced Jalape.o Pepper
- 1 Lime, cut in half
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 Avocados, cut into slices
- 2 Cups Cabbage, finely shredded
- 12 Lettuce Leaves, ends trimmed
- 24 Mini White Corn Tortillas, warmed
Ingredients for Toppings:
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise and 2-3 Tablespoons of your Favorite Hot Sauce, mixed.
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, de-stemmed
- 2 Limes, sliced in wedges
Directions for Assembling Tacos:
- Place Magnifico Tomatoes, Onion, Garlic, Radishes, Jalapeno, Salt and a juice of one Lime in a bowl and mix well.
- Place tortillas in a warm oven for a few minutes to heat thru and soften.
- Stack 2 warm tortillas on cutting board and lay lettuce leaf on top.
- Fill with Magnifico Tomato mixture, Avocado slices and finely shredded Cabbage.
- Pull stems from blistered Sweet Mini Peppers and place one on each taco.
Directions for Serving:
- Place tacos on plates and top with drizzle of Creamy Vegan Hot Sauce and Cilantro.
- Serve with a fresh Lime wedge on the side.