Charred Zucchini and Caramelized Onion Salad
Charred zucchini and caramelized onions make this salad super flavorful! You can enjoy it as a main dish or a side dish, and swap out the chickpeas for black beans for a Mexican twist.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
For the Polenta:
- 2 2/3 cups whole milk
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn drained
- 2 Divine Flavor Zucchini
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice red onion and place it in a pan with about 2 tbsps of the olive oil on low heat. Stir onions often and let them caramelize – about 30 min.
- Dice garlic and toss in with onions. Stir well. If needed, use a couple splashes of water or vegetable stock to deglaze the pan. After a couple of minutes, spoon the onion and garlic mixture onto a plate and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini and add the rest of the olive oil to the pan. When the oil is warm, add the zucchini and let the slices sit for about a minute or two. Make sure to check and when they have a char on them, flip them and let them char on the other side as well.
- When zucchini are charred, add in the caramelized onion and garlic mixture, toss in the corn and chickpeas and stir a minute or so. Season with salt and pepper as desired!