Easy Yellow Squash Bruschetta
By Michaell Johnson, Food Blogger: http://foodscape.vanillaplummedia.com/
If you don’t like tomatoes, bruschetta might not be your favorite appetizer. But this delicious fall yellow squash recipe is a delicious and healthy treat for everyone, no matter their taste!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
– 5-6 organic yellow squash, cubed
– 1 tbsp avocado oil (or oil preference)
– 1 juiced lemon
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tbsp coconut sugar
– 1 loaf of French bread, sliced
– 1/4 cup pine nuts
– 1 bunch of fresh tarragon (about 1/4 cup), chopped
– 2 tbsp lemon zest
– Balsamic Reduction, drizzled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thoroughly wash the yellow squash, lemon, and tarragon.
- Chop the organic yellow squash until cubed.
- Add the avocado oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and coconut sugar.
- Toss together and bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes or until brown. Flip after 10 minutes.
- Slice the bread and put aside.
- Once the squash is done, turn the oven down to 350 and bake the French bread and pine nuts for 7 minutes.
- Toss the squash, pine nuts, lemon zest, and chopped tarragon together.
Top the toasts, drizzle the balsamic reduction on top, and serve!