Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 35 Min
By Lauren Nolan, Food Blogger: www.lakeshorelady.com
- ½ large onion, chopped
- ½ pound chorizo sausage
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups shredded hashbrowns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 Divine Flavor organic red peppers
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop the onion and add it to a sauté pan with a little olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and crumble until the meat is cooked completely through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add a little bit more olive oil to the pan, turn up the heat and add the hash browns. Cook until browned and add to the bowl with the chorizo and onion.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Cut the red peppers lengthwise and clean out the seeds. Arrange in a nonstick or lightly greased baking dish.
- Fill each pepper with the cheese, chorizo, and hash brown mixture. Top with extra cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When the peppers are almost done, fry the eggs.
- Place one egg on top of each pepper and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!