Prosciutto canapés with divine flavor squash & zucchini
By Keith & Jackie, Food Bloggers at www.supermancooks.com
Prep Time: 15 Min
– 1/2 C white vinegar
– 1/2 C hot water
– 1 Tbsp sugar
– 2 sprigs fresh thyme
– 1/4 ” Squash slices
– Bread rounds cut the same size as the Squash
– Dried Apricots
– 1/2 C Ricotta Cheese
– 1 tsp fresh thyme
– cooking spray
To pickle the squash:
- Combine the vinegar, hot water and sugar in shallow dish. Add thyme and squash and allow to set for 10-15 minutes.
To build the canapé:
- Spray each bread round with cooking spray and place in skillet over medium heat and cook until toasted on both sides.
- Place bread rounds on serving tray and top with a slice of Squash, top with a dollop of ricotta mixed with fresh thyme and then top with a slice of prosciutto and a dried apricot.
- Use a cocktail stick to hold together. Garnish with a sprinkle of salt and fresh thyme.