Green Coconut Curry with Shrimp
– 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
– 1 3-inch knob fresh ginger
– 4 Divine Flavor Sweet Peppers (mixed colors)
– 1 bunch scallions (approx. 7)
– 1 lime
– sea salt, to taste
– 3-4 oz. green curry paste (1 jar is usually 4oz.)
– 2 13.5-ounce cans unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
– 1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined
– 1-2 handful snap peas
– bunch cilantro
– 3-4 medium zucchinis or prepped zoodles (could also serve over rice or cauliflower rice)
- Peel and thinly slice ginger.
- Chop the white and light green parts of the scallions into 1-inch pieces, save the dark green tops for garnish later.
- Peel lime zest and save lime for garnish later.
- Chop the peppers (tops off first, discard the seeds in the middle), and slice into rings.
- Over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp of the olive oil to a medium saucepan (that has a lid), and add the scallions, peppers, lime zest and ginger to the pot. Cook and stir often until veggies are golden, approx. 8 mins.
- Depending on how spicy you want it, add 3-4 ounces of the green curry paste and stir veggies in it for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add 1 ½ cans of coconut milk and stir, taste your curry and see if you’d like to adjust either the amount of coconut milk or paste and you can add more of either to taste. Season with sea salt, reduce heat to low, and stir more until barely simmering (approx. 6 mins).
- Meanwhile, prep zoodles and add to your serving bowls.
- Add shrimp, snap peas, and cilantro to the curry and cover the saucepan. Cook for approx. 2-3 minutes until shrimp is bright pink.
- Ladle your curry over zoodles/rice/cauli rice and garnish with sliced green tops of scallions, a lime wedge, and more cilantro! Enjoy.